What does it mean?
- AX will no longer be supported
- Sites must plan for migration to Niagara4
What needs to be done?
- Evaluate the system components for EOL
- Software upgrades (AX to N4 Station Migration)
- Software Maintenance Agreements
- Hardware Upgrades (possible JACE replacement & IO module replacement)
July 1st, 2021
Sales of all Niagara AX license and license options end
AX downgrades no longer sold
Sales/replacements for legacy JACEs end
Patches for defects and cyber issues end
License move or replacement available only with active SMA
No further distribution of AX software by Tridium
July 1st, 2023
AX Supervisor and AX JACE license modes/replacements are no longer supported
AX Supervisor model migration ends
End of Niagara AX licensing
Upgrade your supervisor to N4 and purchase a JACE 8000 to replace the failed JACE 600E.
Learn more from Tridium’s JACE 8000 Data Sheet
Migrate the station from the failed JACE to N4
SMAs for AX Supervisors are available through June 30, 2023
AX Supervisor and Workbench Model Migration
- Requires active SMA
- Migrated to equivalent N4 model which allows purchase of N4 options
- All standard drivers supplied by Tridium and supported on N4 will be migrated.
- 3rd party drivers not supplied by Tridium need to be licensed through the supplier.
- Requires active license
- Migrated to equivalent N4 model
- AX option switch enabled
Active through June 30, 2023
- Niagara AX software builds will no longer be available for download after July 1, 2021.
- After July 1, 2023, there will be no options for upgrading AX licenses to N4. Replacement licenses will need to be purchased.