New micro drive for AC induction motors
The initial release of the new VS3M micro drives in July 2020 is for 3 phase 230 V and 480 V drives only. The 120 V and 575 V models will follow in a future release, anticipated for December 2020. The existing VSC micro will remain available to support the lower volume voltage requirements.
Next level competitiveness
Micro drives are used anywhere and the drives can be installed inside an existing control cabinet. They are the go to solution for OEMs. Several significant changes and improvements are implemented in this new series, making it an opportune time to re-visit any OEM customer that uses drives.
The following list outlines some key improvements of the new VS3M Micro Drives:
- Johnson Controls will stock in our own warehouse – a first for VSDs in North America
- The drives are variable torque rated instead of constant torque – this translates into a more competitive price across the HP range
- BACnet MS/TP is built in – no longer an option card
- 2 relay outputs
- The standard class drive (VS3) keypad can be used to copy and paste parameters
- Web Server Connectivity eliminates the need for PC software
- Bluetooth for monitoring, configuring, registering, and updating the drives
- Plenum Rated
- NEMA 1 (UL type 1) option kit
- UL 61800-5-1 rating (standard replacing UL508C)